"WE KNOW THE TRUTH, NOT ONLY BY THE REASON, BUT ALSO BY THE HEART"
Blaise Pascal
OH YEAH
click on picture & scroll down

EVERYTHING'S GOOD...OH, YEAH, OH, YEAH


Friday, March 4, 2011

110 MILE BIKE RIDE TO FIGHT FRACKING


Peter Buckland of Sustainability Now Radio
in State College, PA will ride from
State College to Harrisburg to join the
Fair Budget March & Rally
on Wednesday, March 9.

The Rally will protest planned budget cuts
"We need to stand together with our allies
and fight for fairness."

Peter will then present a letter to the office of Governor Tom Corbett requesting a meeting to express his concerns and fears as a citizen and father about the many dangers
of gas drilling in our state.

" I will be riding my bike ~110 miles to Harrisburg from my house in Pine Grove Mills to do my own small part to stand up to Corbett and the gas companies. It just seems like the right thing to do.
"For me this is very personal because I love the forest
"It is also about the quality of our water and air and my hopes and fears as a father.
"I am riding my bike there because because it is better for the forest, for the person, for water, for air, for noise, for the climate, and for all of us than gas trucks, well-pads, natural gas, and frack water are. I am riding my bike because it means something better and brings me in touch with life and living. As a citizen of this commonwealth, the commonwealth's government should help me and my fellow common people to reach the common good.
"After the budget protest I plan to go to the governor's office and request a meeting with the governor.
"I just know that something must be done differently.
"It is a modest goal. Please join me if you can.
"With great hope..."  Peter Buckland

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
WAY TO GO PETER

Peter's Message - HERE


Sustainablity Now Radio - HERE


GO GET'EM PETER

2 comments:

  1. How did the ride go?

    I am looking to ride from Harrisburg to State College sometime soon and am trying to plan my route.

    Did you follow the google maps bike route or something different? How were the roads?

    Any advice/insight that you have would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Dave Daversa

    ReplyDelete