"WE KNOW THE TRUTH, NOT ONLY BY THE REASON, BUT ALSO BY THE HEART"
Blaise Pascal
OH YEAH
click on picture & scroll down

EVERYTHING'S GOOD...OH, YEAH, OH, YEAH


Saturday, July 7, 2012

SONGS AGAINST FRACKING


"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Songs Against Drilling
From the Concert in Albany, May 15, 2012
New Yorkers Against Fracking



Take a look at Pennsylvania...
I don't want your millions, Mister,
I don't want your diamond ring.
All I want is the right to live, Mister,

You can't lease my land from me

"One day in April, I got a call from Natalie Merchant wondering if I would round up some volunteers to film an anti-hydraulic-fracturing concert and rally in Albany. I couldn’t resist. First of all, I had thought for some time that the rush to hydraulic fracturing was reckless. Second, I really liked Natalie’s idea: mounting a kind of “teach-in” about the topic and a celebration of the activists who had spread the word about the dangers of hydraulic fracturing . Most of the recent political discourse is so grim, shrill and angry. Here, wonderful rocking voices — and man do they soar! — would shake the windows and rattle the walls in Albany, even as Gov. Andrew Cuomo was deciding what to do about hydraulic fracturing ."
Alex Gibney

NY Times Op-Doc - HERE

Really fine job
More on Alex Gibney - HERE
New Yorkers Against Fracking - HERE

And really fun to see Natalie Merchant. 
I loved 10,000 Maniacs a couple of decades ago - 
especially this old Cat Stevens cover...



Now come and join the living, it's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer, soon it will all be true

Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can't we live in bliss

Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again


Peace Train's a Holly Roller
Everyone Jump Up On the Peace Train
Come On, Come On, Come On...

No comments:

Post a Comment