"WE KNOW THE TRUTH, NOT ONLY BY THE REASON, BUT ALSO BY THE HEART"
Blaise Pascal
OH YEAH
click on picture & scroll down

EVERYTHING'S GOOD...OH, YEAH, OH, YEAH


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

HERITAGE and HEARTACHE


These two of my ancestors came to the New World in 1750 to escape oppression in Germany. They and many of their decendants are buried in Fayette County - about a mile or so above the shale.
They became farmers and bore sons and daughters and some fought in the Pennsylvania militia. Some of their sons fought in the Civil War.
Through two centuries my forefathers have fought in our wars.
My father - a surgeon - served during the Korean War as an army captain at a US Army Hospital. He and my mother and his parents are buried in Fayette County -about a mile or so above the shale.
Of course, underneath the noble truths and principles they fought for - it's about the future of our children.
It's always about the children.
If, in some manner, my ancestors are watching, I'm certain they feel, even more than I...
sick at heart.

IT'S ABOUT THE CHILDREN 

No comments:

Post a Comment